The Franciscan Life Center is offering variety of programs for individuals and families in the next few months.
The programs are:
• “Raising Responsible and Cooperative Children,” a parenting workshop, March 16th and 23rd, offers training in specific parenting strategies aimed at enhancing family relationships.
• “Overcoming Anxiety,” for individuals 16 years and older, beginning in April for six sessions, provides education in the basic tools for managing anxiety and stress for teenagers and adults.
• “Helping Children Overcome Anxiety,” a Saturday Seminar for Families on April 18th, is an educational program designed to introduce basic tools to children for effectively managing anxiety and coaching skills to their parents.
• Summer Youth Leadership Program for 13 and 14 year olds, June 29th – July 3rd, is a one week leadership training for young teens on an outward bound adventure course.
• Summer Enrichment Program for 11 and 12 year olds, July 27th – July 31st, is a one week outdoor summer enrichment program for middle school children.
Dr. Thomas Finn, a licensed clinical psychologist on our staff, will facilitate the parenting and anxiety workshops as well as the youth leadership week. The Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist teach the children participating in the summer enrichment program.
Informational sheets and registration forms for all these programs are available at our web site: www.flcenter.org. Any questions can be directed to me, at the Franciscan Life Center, 203-237-8084.